Monday, April 20, 2009

True Love

I believe that Love is a choice, not a feeling. Every day we wake up and we can decide if we will love the person we're with, or turn our feelings toward something/someone else. We can choose to love our children whole-heartedly and unconditionally. We can choose to hold grudges too, but what would that gain us? The same goes for parents, really... we can love or resist.

So when did it get so difficult for people to stay married for 30, 50, 60 years? Do we wake up and decide that there's something more important to us than our family? Is there anything else more valuable than true love? I think not!

There is something that could deter the desire to pursue true love-- perhaps "inconsideration". Are we considerate to remember the other person? Are they understanding our feelings because we carefully and calmly explained ourselves? I think we each need to own up and be responsible to connect and stay connected!

What, in this entire world that God created and Satan destroys, could we possibly love more than the peace that passes all understanding? Besides, since Jesus saved us, we're "family" to God- the creator of the universe. Imagine! What a GREAT family to be devoted to!! I love the thought that I'm a Child of God and HE is always loving me... unconditionally, with consideration, and wholeheartedly. ... And who am I that I shouldn't pass on that same love, daily...

No comments: