Saturday, February 7, 2009

Time to huddle!

The economic crisis of 2008/2009... that's where we're at. The stock market went down, the price of gas went down, the interest rates went down, the price of gold went down, peoples incomes went down, the price of housing went down, the price of clothing went down, the price of foods went down, the price of life went down-- and unemployment is widespread. It's time to huddle.

If everyone is in the same boat, so to say, then it's not quite so bad. If we stay close to friends, stay close to a church family, hang tight in our immediate family, then we can work it out and still find hapiness in our everyday. :) Undeniably, this is tough. It's plaguing the minds of people while they're trying to move on; preoccupying our thoughts when we try to relax. However, since it's a continued factor, we need to mentally set it aside for a short amount of time each day and feel some relaxation in whatever blessing we have.

Me? I have a wonderful family and loving friends. I have my friend, God, who cares about me and knows me better than anyone else. I also have a house big enough that if someone lost their house, we could co-habitate. ... It would be tight, only one shower, but we could do it!

Life is full of choices: non stop daily choices. I say 'let's not dwell on the obvious trouble. Let's huddle together and find more options in our day.'
And once again, I have a full day ahead of me... what should I do with this 24 hours?? :)

No comments: