Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Grumpiness

I ran into Mr. Grumpy today. He didn't have a very good reason for being grumpy... which is partly why that crusty attitude is considered grumpy! "Is that fun?" I wonder. "Do you get anything you want from being Mr. Nasty?" I can't imagine anything positive coming out of being grumpy.

... Yet... I suppose it's a natural emotion, like being happy for no reason at all. I suppose it's fair that the people who see the glass as half empty would generally settle into grumpiness. ? So where does thankfulness come into play? Only when we feel like being thankful?

There is always, always, always something to be thankful about! There's no such thing as a glass half empty! We should be thankful there's anything in it at all. Or be thankful we have a glass. Eh? See the point? To say it's half empty would be to expect more. That's where we're wrong.

So, Mr. Grumpy, Change your ways!! I've no tolerance for that crusty attitude!!!

No comments: